Tuesday, March 11, 2008

March 10, 2008

So, I have to hand it to Victoria. She, by far, does the major care and maintenance of Holden. I'm good for rocking him to sleep, the occasional feeding, or keeping him company for an hour or two so she can get stuff done or catch a cat nap, but pretty much everything else is her. Cleaning, feeding, keeping our baby supplies stocked, his clothes clean, his blankets soft, changing his diapers, and his overall comfort and happiness should be credited to her.

Speaking of changing him, that's an area where I could use some improvement. But first, let me say this; it's not like when I changed the diapers on the doll in the child care class. The doll didn't fight back. With the strength of a hundred donkeys. This kid is tough. Don't even get me started on trying to get his arm through the sleeve of a long-sleeved onesie. That's not even a fair fight. But I digress.

I change his diaper occasionally. Admittedly though, not very well, and pretty much always under Victoria's supervision. This sounds like a cop-out, and I don't know, maybe it is to some extent, but she's just so much better at it. She wipes him so well, making sure to get in his little folds, she knows just where to apply vaseline to protect him from diaper rash, and although it seems easy, my diaper wrapping skills emulate my Christmas wrapping skills. Thank God for gift bags. Unfortunately, diaper bags aren't the same concept.

I'm not overly concerned about it though - not because I don't want to get better at it, or be more helpful - I'm not overly concerned because I know I have a lot of opportunity to practice.



Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: