Saturday, April 5, 2008

Blog entry 4/4/08

I'm sitting at the Lihue airport waiting for my flight which is delayed. Having a Sam Adams while I wait for them to make my hot sandwich. It's 9:45pm.

I came to Kauai for the day to train three new hires at our Princeville sales office. Because of Aloha airlines untimely demise this week, it's tricky getting flights. Hawaiian and Go (the culprit for the demise) have added flights to accommodate passengers but every plane is packed. I flew to Kauai this morning on the 6:15am and

I was originally booked on the 10:30pm flight back to Honolulu. These were only only flights I could get. Around 5:00pm I miraculously got through to their customer service number and changed it to the 10:05pm departure.

After checking in and going through security I checked the departures TV screen and saw that my flight was listed as departing on-time at 11:05pm. Hmm. So I went to the gate and asked what was accurate. They cancelled and my ticket and rebooked me on the 9:45pm departure which was originally a much earlier departure but was going to be late because the plane was late coming in from Honolulu. So I was content because I was now cry to leave 20 minutes earlier than I thought and 50 minutes earlier than my original booking. Moments after being issued the 9:45pm departure ticket they announced that the 9:45pm flight would be delayed until 10:15pm.

As I write this (at 10:05pm), I'm looking out the window, watching my plane pull up to the gate. Looks like I'll be departing at 10:30 or so. The same time I was originally booked to leave.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: